Europe's Energy Relations: Between Legacy and Transformation
- CIEP, May 2018
In this paper, dedicated to energy in Europe, CIEP offers insights into the evolving political relations in oil, natural gas and the transition towards a cleaner energy mix. The chapters in this paper were written as articles for a dossier in the Clingendael Spectator magazine.
- The internal and external dynamics of EU energy relations
- Energy transition: what about the internal EU energy market?
- Bone of contention or instrument of peace? Discussing the role of gas in the EU's relations with suppliers
- Changing crude oil trade flows and oil diplomacy
- The Dutch energy economy: the energy gateway to Northwest Europe
Additionally, a slide pack on energy fundamentals is available, providing an overview of energy-related developments and facts.